Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JoAnne's Beef Dip

My friend and co-worker, JoAnne, is retiring today. Although I'm happy for her and wish her all the best, I will miss her. Jo is one of those people who is good at everything. She can craft, sew, cook, garden. Last year, she took a class on making stained glass. Her first pieces were beautiful! They looked like she had been doing it for years. When I complimented her on them, she replied with a modest, "thanks". Sometimes, I don't think she realizes how very special she is. It's been a long time since I've met someone who is truly kind and who restores your faith in people. So for that, I thank her.

We always like to talk about food and recipes at work. We especially love any excuse to bring food to work. Jo brought this dip to our first potluck and the bowl was scraped clean. We have asked her to bring it each time we have food at work. When my husband's family came last month, Jo gave me this dip to serve them and they absolutely loved it. I shudder to think how much electricity was used because the refrigerator door kept getting opened and closed because someone was getting the dip back out.

Jo's Beef Dip

1/3 cup sour cream
1 small jar or pkg dried beef
1 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
1 pkg cream cheese

Wash and dry the beef to remove the saltiness. Cut up or shred. Mix all ingredients. Chill. Serve with crackers. (We liked it on bread or toast.)

No comments:

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...