Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stop Making Sense

How I ever let Talking Heads slip into the recesses of my mind, I will never know. I loved them so much that I forced (perhaps forced is a little exaggerated. Begging until she relented might be more apropos) my mom to take me to a midnight showing of Stop Making Sense in Manhattan.

I thought I was the coolest because the movie had not been shown in Ohio yet. It was definitely worth almost getting mugged on the way back to the hotel after the movie. Thanks to that, I had bragging rights for quite awhile among my outcast cast of friends. I digress.

Over the years, Talking Heads, were pushed to the side for new things (foolish me). Anyway, Psycho Killer was featured in the movie "Julie and Julia", albeit it was sung as "Lobster Killer" by Julie's husband, and hearing it again brought it all back. I am officially re-addicted. After 25 years, it's as cutting edge as it was then. Wow, unbelievable but it really has been that long ago.

Find all things Talking Heads here: http://www.talking-heads.nl/

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...