Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change Your Look With Slipcovers

We inherited a sofa from my grandparent's estate. Although it's in beautiful condition, the fabric is a bit "stodgy" for my taste. The answer: slipcovers. Easy, inexpensive and versatile. I can change out the slipcovers and pillows anytime that I want a new look and we don't have to be so careful about things like eating in the living room. This was the pillow/slipcover combo a couple of summers ago. Casual and comfortable. The cedar chest/coffee table belonged to my great-great grandmother and it's been with me for all of my adult life. It's great for storage and can be moved from living room to bedroom if I ever find a coffee table that I like better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so close to finding one for our couch. It's 14 years old and is showing some wear...even to put it on in the warm weather to "freshen it up...."

Jen said...

We've got a couple of them that I can change depending on the season...or my mood. We just got one those stretchy ones and it stays put a little better than the loose fitting ones.

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...