Friday, June 5, 2009

Coffee Talk



I haven't been a very good blogger lately but things have been a little "off" in our food world. I have to admit we've been eating out more than ever due to new work schedules and general lack of planning. My husband is now working two jobs and is gone all day and into the evening. I am working nights so am gone from 3:00 to midnight. The meals we have prepared at home have been simple or straight from Trader Joe's/Whole Foods. Nothing to really blog about. We just need a little transition time and it will work itself out. I have to say that I am totally sick of eating out and our food is much better and less expensive.

We still don't have the garden planted with the exception of lettuce. If the weather has been good, I haven't had time and vice versa. I started working on it yesterday and I'm determined to have it end by Monday. The raspberry shrubs are doing terrific and it was money well spent as this is the third year for them and we only spent $12 on the plants.

Today is the first day of the downtown farmers market so I will ride the bike down in a little while and see what I can find. It's so early in the season that I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of rhubarb and lettuce but that's ok. I want to support the market. Also the library is having it's monthly book sale so I want to check it out. Should be a great day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...