Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You Never Know What You'll Find

My house is built on land that was once on the outskirts of town. It was part of a farm and we are apparently located on the old burn pile. When I was a kid, we used to have little archaeological digs behind the garage where we would turn up old bottles, pieces of china and all sorts of interesting things. Last spring, this bit of bottle came up in the garden after the frozen ground forced it to the top. I think it's beautiful. It has to have been there for over 85 years since that is the age of my house. The cool thing about it is...you never know what you'll find.

No comments:

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...