Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Future of Cars?

This is the the AIRPOD-Ultra light urban transporter by Tata Motors. Powered by compressed air, the three seater tricycle, may provide the answer for those of us who make short trips. The driver steps in through the windshield and the passengers through the rear window.For gaming and Sci-Fi geeks, like myself, you may find it interesting to know that the car is steered with a joystick. One cannister of air will provide enough for a 120 mile trip at 30 miles per hour.
This innovative vehicle has many advantages over electric or biodiesel cars but I don't see head/tail lights and am curious if it has seat belts. I'm left wondering if they will be able to produce this vehicle for the U.S. in terms of safety. I guess, we will wait and see.

No comments:

Coping During Trying Times

How is everyone doing out there?  It's been a long time since I have posted but you know how it goes. Life sometimes detours and goe...